Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Sep 6 update

The cellphone project is currently paused as I figure out a substitute for Signals Analyzer. It's rumored the author is dead, and the program severely distorts your signals unless you enter the key. Trango on #hackrf helped me troubleshoot and determine what was wrong. I uploaded a small IQ file and shared it with him, and he followed some steps and analyzed the signal. I followed his instructions with that file and got only noise, after which he realized it was a joke by the author. Sure enough, I found a page online that confirms this.

Until I find a new analyzer, the cellphone project will have to be postponed. I'm currently studying DSP for another project and once I get all the concepts I may be able to do a little analysis from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment