It's been a long time since I wrote a post because I was finishing the final semester of an Associates degree. A lot of tough assignments were coming quickly and I wanted to finish as well as I could. Today was the last day and I am able to start experimenting again.
On February 5, Light Coder, one of the HDSDR authors, asked me in an email to retry my 8-bit TV IQ recording using the newest HDSDR. When I wrote that post, I had to use SDR# because HDSDR did not have 8-bit recording support. I responded that I needed some time but that I could probably get to it after February 27. I'm finally ready and I'm setting up everything I need for the experiment. My next post will be about the results.